Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I'M BACK!!


Tori (BFF) and I right before graduation!

I’M BACK!! I know that it has been over five months since I have blogged, but little did I know that student teaching was going to consume my life completely. Now that I have completed student teaching and graduated I feel a sense of accomplishment, pride and uncertainty.

For the last couple of years I have poured my heart into completing my degree. Now that I have achieved that goal I am not sure what to do next. One of my biggest fears that I have struggled with ever since I was a little girl was the fear of the unknown. By nature I am a planner/organizer. When I was in high school my closet was color coded and when I started college I had every year of college planned out semester by semester. Some people call my habit OCD; I just call it being ahead of the game.  But no matter how ahead of the game I was no one prepared me for the feeling of uncertainty I would feel the week after I graduated. With the budget cuts in the state the job market for a career as a teacher is looking kind of slim. Being uncertain of what to do next I turn to the only one who knows my future, God! I just remember one of my favorite bible verses of all time: Jeremiah 29:11. I remember that if I put my faith and trust in him everything is going to work out. Maybe not the way I thought, but for the best.

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Looking for a job, of course is first on the list of priorities. I have put in resumes and filled out applications, but with all the lesson plans and weekly reflections behind me I have a little extra time on my hands. What to do? I think I will spend a little time adoring my husband, writing for the blog and even start new projects for the house.
See you’ll later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment