Thursday, May 17, 2012

Marriage....


“So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.”
Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

When I first started my blog back in January I had been only married for about six months and in a little over two months my wonderful husband and I will have been married for a whole year. Wow how time flies.

Before I was married people would always tell me how hard marriage is and I would just nod my head and smile.  Not until I was married did I start to understand what people were trying to tell me. I think marriage is one of the greatest blessings anyone can have and I am really grateful for it every single day. With almost a year of marriage I have learned that marriage is something that you have to work on every day. I look at our marriage as a “master piece in progress”. 


No I am not going to pretend that my marriage is perfect and that it is always magical. Life happens, dishes have to be washed, laundry has to be done and yes, the trash even has to be taken out. But I can tell you the love that Damon and I share with each other is magical and I would never trade that for anything.

These three tips have kept our marriage fun and exciting:

1)      Keep date night alive—Date night does not have to be some big night on the town it can be as simple as riding to town for ice cream and a red box.
2)      Be spontaneous- We do not have children yet and we use this to our advantage. We do not have a strict schedule—A couple of weeks ago we redid our flower beds at 10:30 p.m.
3)      Adore each other- We call it “being up each other’s butts” Damon works twelve hours shifts three nights a week and with me having a day schedule sometimes we catch each other on the passing. When we do have time together we try to spend as much time together as we can doing whatever shopping, yard work or even just walking on the farm.


I am not a marriage expert by any means but, Love just for the sake of loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment