Monday, June 18, 2012

What a weekend….


Wow this weekend went by way too fast!

(Well really this past week has gone by really fast and I have been severely lacking on the post this past week)

On Friday we celebrated Damon’s birthday by opening our home to our family and friends. The party turned out wonderful!! 

Birthday Boy
CAKE TIME! Damon and his mama
Enjoying his cake!


GIFT TIME!
Damon and Max
 Not only was this weekend Damon’s birthday, but also Father’s Day. Saturday and Sunday were filled with either getting things ready for Father’s Day or celebrating Father’s Day.

Since Damon and I live in the same town as both of our families we get to spend time with both of our families on special holidays. 

Damon and his dad a couple years ago at Christmas
 We first went to visit Damon’s father. Damon and I enjoyed our visit very much. The visit became even more enjoyable when we were joined by his sister, brother and his wife.

We then headed to my parent’s house to visit my Father.

Right before we walked down the aisle


Daddy Daughter Dance

It's only when you grow up, and step back from him, or leave him for your own career and your own home -- it's only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it. Pride reinforces love.  
                -Margaret Truman

My poor daddy has been surrounded by females all of his life.  He has one sister, three daughters and all of our dogs growing up were female. To make matters more female for him…. all of my cousins were girls until the one golden little boy showed up (he is now almost 14 so he is not so little anymore). Growing up with all girls, the house was full of ups and downs and a roller coaster of emotion. Daddy was not always sure what to do when we just started crying for no reason. He always assumed someone had been mean to us, and he was willing to take care of them. When we told him we were just crying for no reason he just called for mama. HAHA 

Daddy did not always know how to handle those situations, but he always knew how to make us laugh, help us build projects and even help us with math homework.

Sometimes I feel that my dad got the short end of the stick with me and my sisters because we always headed (and still do) straight for mama with our girly drama, but my dad is such an amazing dad and he survived raising three girls….  Guess what?  Irony is he now has 3 wonderful little grandsons!!!!!


This was taken a while ago, but it just makes me laugh

1 comment:

  1. Just loved this one! Brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete