Monday, July 30, 2012

Dear Damon


Today marks our ONE year anniversary!! I thought what a better way to shout it to the WORLD (or at least my little blog world) how much I love my husband than write a letter to Damon as today’s post. 



Dear Damon,
 
                As I sit down to write this letter I think back over the past year of all the memories that we have made and shared right by each other’s side. I look at you and wonder how you are mine. Thank you for choosing me! I cannot give enough thanks to God for bringing us together. Without God’s hand at work, I wouldn’t have had the chance to experience what an amazing husband you are.  

                I could never express how grateful I am for all the wonderful things that you do for me. You know how to make me laugh when I am in one of those moods, you know how to make the bed perfectly, take care of me when I am nasty sick, the silly stories you tell me that are not true, you tell me I am beautiful when I feel horrible, all the small surprises you bring home and the all the driving you do at night because I cannot see. But most of all, when you hold my hand in the car, finding each other’s feet at the end of the bed and even making our kissing noises when we are in front of people and cannot make out. 

                I want to tell you how proud of you I am for going after your dreams. One day when our schedules are the same we will not know what hit us.  Thank you for making all the sacrifices that you make for our life together.  I pray each day asking God to give you the strength to keep moving along to achieve your goals. 

                Over the past year you have given me so much joy and laughter. I cannot wait to see what the years to come have in store for us. I cannot wait to grow deeper in love with you through the years. I cannot wait to see what we are like in 10, 20 or even 50 years from now. 

                In the next year of marriage my promise is to love you more because you are the special person God created for me.  I promise to love you more simply because you are worthy to be loved. I promise to love you because I choose to and I promise to love you more for no other reason other than that you are my husband.

I love you more…





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and heartfelt, Abby. No need to buy him a present: you just gave it to him. LOL Love you both and Happy, blessed anniversary

    ReplyDelete