Thursday, August 16, 2012

A year in the making


Hello blog world!! I have missed the blogging world since I have been MIA the last couple of days. I have just been so tired that I have not made myself get up and do anything. 

I made a very important decision today…Want to know what that important decision was?? I officially changed my LAST NAME today. You might be thinking what in the world….. 


Well, I finally went to the DMV and the Social Security office and changed my last name. Yes, I know that I have been married a year and almost a month and I just changed my last name. Over the past year I have not announced this to many people that I have not changed my last name. So…. I guess when many people read this post today they will be a little shocked. Surprise!! 

I thought I was the only girl who got married and didn’t change my name, but the bigger my blog friend circle gets the more and more girls I find have not changed their name legally either. 

This leads me to the questions why? Why does it take us so long to get it changed, while other girls do it the next Monday?

Just because I didn’t change my name right away or within six months does not mean I love my husband any less. It does not make me a bad person, a bad wife…well I guess it just makes us a little bit crazy!

So this is where you guys come in… If you are married, how long after you got married did it take you to change your last name or have you changed your name yet?

10 comments:

  1. I have been married for almost two years and I have not changed my name yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its to each his own doesn't mean you love your husband any less its been 15 years ago let's see if I can remember I didn't change my last name until 6 months after we were married did all the mv, ss stuff then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got married in Mexico and then changed my name the next week because I was moving to a new state and had to get a new drivers license. If it hadn't been for that, I'm sure I would have waited until it was convenient for me LOL. I think legally your last name may officially change when you apply for or receive your marriage license. Did you keep your maiden last name as your middle name or do you just use your given middle name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I change it back????? 41 years I do not remember. S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the name change! I didn't change my name via my SS card until about 4 months after we tied the knot. And didn't get my new license until almost 2 years later! But I agree, not changing your last name until [whenever] doesn't make you any less of a wife. I just really dreaded the process of well just going up there. Haha.

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't changed my license yet... I had to renew mine like a month before I got married, so I don't feel like getting yet another license just yet... I'll do it eventually!

    Of Thoughts and Things

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's just all the "red tape", time and forms, etc. As long as you are legally Mrs. Whatever, the rest will follow. And, I love you no matter what name is on a piece of paper! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I changed my last name legally about a month after I got married, not right away because I was still in school for the semester and didn't want to change my school name during the semester, but I wanted to do it before the next semester started.
    And the legal stuff didn't seem so bad to me, though for a while there it felt like we were taking our marriage license with us everywhere!
    The hard part for me is....nearly two years into marriage, my cell phone voicemail still gives my maiden name! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only changed it on my DL#. Not my social. Because I don't know how. And to be quite honest, I don't want to. BUT I better do it soon! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still deciding whether or not to take my finace's last name when we get married...Don't tell him though! Good for you for finally getting it done :)

    ReplyDelete